Essential employees begin returning to the office to perform essential job functions and continue to prepare for later phases, and those with untenable WFH situations can use the office to remain productive. Only a small group of people are in the space at the same time, but the space starts to be occupied most days of the week.
We look at local city restrictions to tell us when we can open the office to essential employees to return.
- Local government removes quarantine / shelter in place requirements
- Local government reopens non-essential businesses
- Local government allows essential workers to return
Possible revert from Phase 2:
- If there is a confirmed COVID case in office
Before moving to Phase 1, we will require that certain features are available in Envoy Protect:
- All Envoys can access and use on both iOS and Android devices
- Capacity management allows us to limit number of people onsite
- Integration with Kisi is complete and allows us to restrict access to the space
- San Francisco: July 13
- Kansas City: June 8
We ensure a significant space per person in the office.
- San Francisco: No more than 10 people at a time
- Kansas City: No more than 6 people at a time
Who can be in the office?
In addition to Tier 1 essential employees, employees who need to return to the workplace to maintain productivity include:
- Contractors or employees whose roles are needed onsite when others are in the office or visitors return (e.g. receptionist, day porters, janitorial)
- Employees with untenable WFH situations (those who are unable to complete their work at home due to personal circumstances)
Before employees are eligible to return to the workplace, they’ll need to acknowledge and agree to the Safety Guidelines in Bamboo.
❌ External visitors (including customers, interview candidates) are not permitted. Any essential contractors must complete screening and be pre-approved before entering the workplace.
❌ All interviews will be conducted remotely. No interviews onsite in the workplace.
Guidelines for entry
Employee screening requirements
All employees must pre-register and complete a health self-certification before coming to the office using Envoy Protect.
- Pre-register the day before if possible. If you need to register same-day, do so before 2 pm.
- When you arrive at the building, mark yourself as signed in with Envoy Mobile.
- Your Kisi access will be automatically enabled for the rest of the day.
- When leaving the office, please sign out using Envoy Mobile.
Face coverings are required at all times except when sitting at a desk working.
- Essential employees will need to bring their own PPE. If you don’t have a mask, you can follow the CDC recommendations for making a cloth face covering.
We strongly discourage public transit if there are other options available to you. Your safety and others around you are most important to us. Parking is currently available in the garage at no charge. Use Kisi to open the garage door and self-park.
Enhanced cleaning services are not available during Phase 1. This means:
- No porters are onsite.
- Employees should clean their desk at the beginning and end of each day using the cleaning supplies provided.
- Normal janitorial service is provided by the building, which includes garbage and restroom cleaning.
All offices must have enough hand sanitizers, soap, and other sanitation products in stock. The workplace team is responsible for ordering, stocking, and distributing supplies.
Edison Spaces has a cleaning crew that will continue coming nightly to vacuum and empty trash. They will be cleaning the entire common area spaces thoroughly just as they normally do. In addition, they will continue cleaning all elevator call buttons, all common area door handles, stairwell handrails and keypads.
Envoy has 5 private offices in the space, it is individuals’ responsibility to disinfect and keep it clean.
❌ Common areas are closed including lunch area and shared kitchen amenities. Any snacks and meals are eaten at desks.
❌ Conference rooms are closed at this time.
❌ Pets are not permitted at this time.
❌ No in-person meetings
Food & Beverage
Lunch - San Francisco
❌ No coordinated food or beverage service. Employees may order food for delivery. If possible, request contactless delivery to the security desk.
Lunch - Kansas City
✅ Continue to use self-organized Seamless delivery
Drinks and snacks
❌ Envoy will not be restocking drinks and snacks during Phase 1.
Common areas such as shared kitchen, conference rooms, and bathrooms will have signage on how to keep the workplace clean or closed areas.
❌ There will be no business travel allowed. Any travel back to the home office area will require a 14-day quarantine.
If you travel outside the state, you’re at increased risk of bringing COVID-19 back to the office. Employees are allowed to travel for personal reasons, but upon returning they must either:
- Self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days before coming into the office, OR
- Receive a negative COVID-19 test at least 48 hours after returning.
We are following CDC recommendations including enhanced cleaning protocols, with increased frequency and scope, for our building common areas. All building personnel will wear masks. Our building employees are following best practices with respect to wearing personal protective equipment. In addition, we are taking the following steps:
- Availability of hand sanitizers at building entrances.
- Evaluating touch less protocols and technology.
- Optimizing air distribution.
- Installing NanoSeptic handle coverings and push contact point coverings on common area doors.
Keeping the workplace clean is the key
- Make sure that your private office and workstations are sanitized. Edison Spaces does not clean inside our suites.
- Please pay special attention to cleaning break rooms, conference rooms, huddle rooms, and phone rooms – surfaces, handles, etc. once you’re done using them.
- Antibacterial cleaning products will be available in each break room, conference room, huddle/ phone rooms.
Meeting rooms and common area spaces should not be crammed with members:
- Huddle rooms - no more than two people.
- Conference rooms - make sure the distance between the seats is at least three feet apart.
- Large conference rooms – max 10 people
- Small conference rooms – max 5 people
- Break rooms – no more than 10 people gathered in the break room.
You will see these signs throughout the space as a reminder to please sanitize the area after you use it. All supplies will be provided in these areas and we ask that you dispose of your paper towels after everything is wiped down.
Both men’s and women’s bathrooms will have a StepNpull - an operated door opener.